Sugar is kryptonite that make us weak! Nature has provided us with the “anti-kryptonite” to fight the evils of sugar in our diet. The essential branched-chain amino acid called Leucine is just the “anti-kryptonite” that we need to combat the ill-effects of sugar. The Leucine Factor Diet focuses on the leucine content in our diets because:
- Leucine is very special in its ability to directly stimulate muscle growth and maintenance; no other amino acid has this distinct ability.
- Leucine is one of the amino acids that our bodies can’t convert to sugar (the other is lysine)
- Leucine is able to boost insulin production, release, and sensitivity. Insulin is the hormone that clears toxic sugar from the blood.
- Leucine is unique in its anabolic effects on muscle and catabolic effects on fat.
- Leucine and its metabolite HMB limits maintains muscle when dieting to burn fat.